Press release -
THIRD QUARTER AND NINE-MONTH 2022-23 REVENUES
Third Quarter Operating Verticals revenues of €272m
o -7.0%1 year-on-year
o -3.7%1 quarter-on-quarter
- Improving trend in Government
- Sustained growth in Fixed Broadband and Mobile Connectivity
- Nine Month Operating Verticals revenues -5.1%1 year-on-year, in line with expectations; all financial objectives confirmed
Paris, 11 May 2023 – Eutelsat Communications (ISIN: FR0010221234 - Euronext Paris: ETL) reports revenues for the Third Quarter and Nine Months ended 31 March 2023.
- Third Quarter and Nine-month revenues performance in line with expectations.
- Q3 improving trend in Government, +3.1% like-for-like on a quarter-on-quarter basis, on the back of Airbus deal and ahead of entry into service of incremental capacity in FY 2023-24.
- Fixed Broadband (+7.3%) and Mobile Connectivity (+23.0%) sustaining positive momentum ahead of entry into service of K-VHTS and E10B next Fiscal Year.
- All standalone Full Year 2022-23 and longer-term financial objectives confirmed.
- Eutelsat has joined forces with fellow European companies to form a consortium to bid on the European Commission’s tender for the IRIS2 satellite constellation. This partnership will aim to create a state-of-the-art satellite constellation based on a multi-orbit architecture and interoperable with the terrestrial ecosystem, to address the growing connectivity needs of European governments, businesses and citizens.
- OneWeb Gen-1 constellation on track for Global Coverage, supporting positive commercial ramp-up. Merger transaction on track to close by Q3 2023.
- - - - - -
1 Like-for-like change.
2 Change at constant currency. The variation is calculated as follows: i) Q3 2022-23 USD revenues are converted at Q3 2021-22 rates; ii) Hedging impact is excluded.
3 Other revenues include mainly the impact of EUR/USD revenue currency hedging, the provision of various services or consulting/engineering fees and termination fees.
About Eutelsat Communications
Founded in 1977, Eutelsat Communications is one of the world's leading satellite operators. With a global fleet of satellites and associated ground infrastructure, Eutelsat enables clients across Video, Data, Government, Fixed and Mobile Broadband markets to communicate effectively to their customers, irrespective of their location. Around 7,000 television channels operated by leading media groups are broadcast by Eutelsat to one billion viewers equipped for DTH reception or connected to terrestrial networks. Committed to promoting all facets of sustainable development across its business activities, Eutelsat leverages its in-orbit resources to help bridge the digital divide while maintaining a safe and uncluttered space environment. As an attractive and socially responsible employer, Eutelsat assembles 1,200 men and women from 50 countries who are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of service.
Eutelsat Communications is listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ticker: ETL).
For more about Eutelsat go to www.eutelsat.com
Tel. +33 1 53 98 47 47
Tel. +33 1 53 98 47 47
Tel. +33 6 63 80 87 54
Tel. +33 1 53 98 31 54
Hugo Laurens Berge
Tel.: +33 1 53 98 47 02