Press release -
THIRD QUARTER AND NINE-MONTH 2021-22 REVENUES
- Third Quarter Operating Verticals revenues of €285m
- -3.5%1 year-on-year
- -0.7%1 quarter-on-quarter
- Broadly stable Broadcast revenues quarter-on-quarter
- Strong growth in Fixed Broadband and Mobile Connectivity
- Nine Month operating vertical revenues down 4.0%1 year-on-year, in line with expectations
- All financial objectives confirmed
Paris, 12 May 2022 – Eutelsat Communications (ISIN: FR0010221234 - Euronext Paris: ETL) reports revenues for the Third Quarter and Nine Months ended 31 March 2022.
Eva Berneke, Chief Executive Officer of Eutelsat Communications, said: “The Third Quarter saw robust delivery, with an improvement in Broadcast trend and strong double-digit growth in both Fixed Broadband and Mobile Connectivity whereas Government Services inevitably reflected the geopolitical environment in the Middle East. Recent months have seen meaningful progress on the commercial front in particular with the successful commercialization of EUTELSAT QUANTUM. Elsewhere, our global distribution agreement with OneWeb to address key connectivity verticals enhances the competitive position of both companies and represents a first step towards the development of combined GEO/LEO solutions. Overall, revenues at the Nine Month stage are in line with our expectations, and we confirm all our financial objectives.”
1. Like-for-like change.
2. Change at constant currency and perimeter. The variation is calculated as follows: i) Q3 2021-22 USD revenues are converted at Q3 2020-21 rates; ii) the contribution of Eurobroadband Infrastructure (EBI) is excluded from Q3 2020-21 revenues; iii) Hedging impact is excluded from Other Revenues.
3. Other Revenues include mainly the impact of EUR/USD revenue currency hedging, the provision of various consulting/engineering services and termination fees.
About Eutelsat Communications
Founded in 1977, Eutelsat Communications is one of the world's leading satellite operators. With a global fleet of satellites and associated ground infrastructure, Eutelsat enables clients across Video, Data, Government, Fixed and Mobile Broadband markets to communicate effectively to their customers, irrespective of their location. Around 7,000 television channels operated by leading media groups are broadcast by Eutelsat to one billion viewers equipped for DTH reception or connected to terrestrial networks. Committed to promoting all facets of sustainable development across its business activities, Eutelsat leverages its in-orbit resources to help bridge the digital divide while maintaining a safe and uncluttered space environment. As an attractive and socially responsible employer, Eutelsat assembles 1,200 men and women from 50 countries who are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of service.
Eutelsat Communications is listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ticker: ETL).
For more about Eutelsat go to www.eutelsat.com
Tel.: +33 1 53 98 31 54
Tel.: +33 1 53 98 46 81