Press release -
FIRST QUARTER 2022-23 REVENUES
- Operating Verticals revenues of €291 million, down 4.3%, in line with the mid-point of Full Year objectives
- Continued robust double-digit growth in Fixed Broadband and Mobile Connectivity
- All financial objectives confirmed
- Successful launch of KONNECT VHTS paving the way for connectivity-driven return to growth
Paris, 12 October 2022 – Eutelsat Communications (ISIN: FR0010221234 - Euronext Paris: ETL) reports revenues for the First Quarter ended 30 September 2022.
Eva Berneke, Chief Executive Officer of Eutelsat Communications, said: “First Quarter Revenues are in line with our expectations, and we confirm our financial objectives for the current and subsequent years. Despite limited available capacity at this stage, we continue to record a strong double-digit growth in Fixed Broadband and Mobile Connectivity highlighting the massive long-term potential for both applications, while our mature broadcast activities declined in line with expectation
We made further strong progress in the implementation of our Telecom Pivot with the completion of the implementation of our new organization, aligned along two business lines – Broadcast and Connectivity, and new leadership in place for each business unit. The creation of two business units will enhance customer-centricity, boost efficiency and foster growth.
Finally, the successful launch of the KONNECT VHTS satellite in September is a crucial milestone for our Connectivity-driven return to growth, bringing unprecedented levels of capacity to the European markets, some of it already pre-sold.”
(1) Like-for-like change at constant currency and perimeter.
(2) Change at constant currency and perimeter. The variation is calculated as follows: i) Q1 2022-23 USD revenues are converted at Q1 2021-22 rates; ii) Hedging revenues are excluded from Other Revenues.
(3) Other Revenues include mainly the impact of EUR/USD revenue currency hedging, the provision of various services or consulting/engineering fees and termination fees.
About Eutelsat Communications
Founded in 1977, Eutelsat Communications is one of the world's leading satellite operators. With a global fleet of satellites and associated ground infrastructure, Eutelsat enables clients across Video, Data, Government, Fixed and Mobile Broadband markets to communicate effectively to their customers, irrespective of their location. Around 7,000 television channels operated by leading media groups are broadcast by Eutelsat to one billion viewers equipped for DTH reception or connected to terrestrial networks. Committed to promoting all facets of sustainable development across its business activities, Eutelsat leverages its in-orbit resources to help bridge the digital divide while maintaining a safe and uncluttered space environment. As an attractive and socially responsible employer, Eutelsat assembles 1,200 men and women from 50 countries who are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of service.
Eutelsat Communications is listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ticker: ETL).
For more about Eutelsat go to www.eutelsat.com
Tel. +33 1 53 98 47 47
Tel. +33 1 53 98 47 47
Tel. +33 1 53 98 31 54
Tel.: +33 1 53 98 46 81